11-10-2008, 05:25 AM   #10
KKSigs
M4 CSL FBG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 CSL FBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucid View Post
The dealership does not have to prove anything unless you take them to court. If they decide to void your warranty, they will. You will most likely find out when you show up to pick up your car. It is common sense that they'd give you an explanation, but that doesn't mean that they are necessarily proving anything. Check out the discussion on voided 335 warranties in the E90 forum about the turbochargers blowing up, etc.

Another thing is that the SM might say one thing when there is nothing wrong with your car and another if there is something seriously wrong. Unless you get it in writing, spoken stuff has very little value when a conflict does arise.
I agree, but it doesn't hurt to be nice. One always takes a chance when you start modding regardless what it is. But if everybody was always in fear of modding because of warranty without any leeway then BMW would have not put up on their own website, that's showed some modded BMW's.

Once again I mod, my dealership and SM knows (they have no problem with it of as of now ), but I also take fully responsibility if it does void the warranty. You pay to play.
Appreciate 0