View Single Post
      12-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #1
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Can someone from BMW please clarify the FIRST OIL SERVICE issue.

It seams that quite a few of us have received different stories as to what is required on the oil change after 1200 Miles (2000 KM on Canadian Cars) when it comes to our M3 be it M-DCT or the 6MT.

I've responded to one of the threads on this issue, however, I feel it is important some one from BMW AG Maintenance Division once and for all responds to this issue to set our minds at rest as to what is really required when it comes to our first oil change after our break in period.

There are just too many scenarios (one had only his engine oil changed, another the engine oil and the transmission oil, some had all three changed including the differential oil). If there is a difference in the year the car has been manufactured then fine can someone post the service bulletins that clarifies this issue?

I think we are entitled to a clear response as to what is required and if it is not required we like to know why it is not required.

For example: Oil change here is not required since our test results have proven that any foreign particles left in the (transmission / differential) will de-solve and present no mechanical harm due to the type of oil we are using at assembly.

This would be a good explanation. What do you fellows think?

Below is what I replayed to in this thread ===> CLICK to go to this thread
I am sure there are many more discussions on this subject.

May I request that Moderators alert the right party to respond to set this what I believe to be an important matter straight? The response from BMW perhaps can be made a Sticky Thread so that this matter can be put to rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sikbmr View Post
fucking stealership! never do shit right and blame the customer. I hate going there and telling the guy what needs to get done and he looks at me like i'm stupid because he never heard of it. I print all supporting documents out now so nothing can be said
It is interesting how many different analysis there are as to what is and what is not required. I bet if one phones different dealership maintenance departments and ask a simple question like ...

"What do you do at a 1200 Mile (2000 KM in Canada) inspection"?

One might gets different stories and that is very alarming as far as I am concerned. This thread here is a good excample of this ===> CLICK

I somehow wish a knowledgeable BMW employee (I know BMW reads some of our threads) would set the matter straight.

We pay hard earned dollars for our high end BMW and should expect that the service to our cars is done correctly without us having to argue the point (presenting service bulletins and copies from the service manual to get it done correctly) when our cars are due for service.

It seams to me (as has been stated before) that not all BMW Service Departments are really aware of what is required exactly of our M3 engines and when I read statements like (sometimes the key reader is not exactly correct) I am even more concerned that when we go for service some computer program determines what should be done to our car with very little human interface.

I hope someone from BMW Service Division will set this straight!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks in advance .... let us put this issue to bed please a clear point by point response would be nice or some sort of BMW Service Bulletin posted in the Sticky area will do the trick

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0