View Single Post
      12-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #95
Nautik
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW M3 DCT

Good summary and those are definitely the issues to consider when looking at getting into one. They are not very practical and it is very unlikely you will drive one that much because of that reason.

One thing I was considering was buying into an exotic car sharing service. You might pay something like 20,000 for the year and be allowed so many days a year to drive whatever car you want in their inventory (they all work differently of course). They handle everything, you just drive the car and when you are tired of it, you drop it off or have them come pick it up. True, it is not the same as being completely yours and no one touches it but you... however, if you are paranoid about damaging a car like that (like me) you might be able to actually enjoy the car more if you know it is not your baby. I'm really thinking this is a good way to go and avoid many of the headaches involved in owning an exotic car yourself.

http://exoticcars.about.com/od/carcl...CarSharing.htm

*edit* One other piece I like about this idea is if for example I want to go to Florida, the group I am considering has an office there and they will have whatever car I want waiting for me at the airport.

Last edited by Nautik; 12-06-2012 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0