08-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #8
nullrouted
Studying...
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW '13 E92 ZCP 6MT M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFlo View Post
Haha you're too funny! I've been wanting to find a good local detailer (Northeast FL) but no luck so far.

Anyways, I am using a Husky pressure washer (small electric). I really want a Karcher, slightly more powerful but the true difference is in the amount of water it supplies; I cant remember how they measure that. For the foam lance I am using the Pinnacle sold at Autogeek.net. It has been good to me and they sell different converters so you can fit it to most pressure washers.
Yeah, I've read you want a unit with a high GPM (actual amount of water coming out), pressure isn't all that important. Problem is most high-GPM washers have very high PSI as well -- from what I read you have to use larger nozzles to reduce the overall pressure while still pumping out a ton of water. That combo is said to give you the best foam -- I've been looking at the MTM lance, looks like a solid unit. Probably will pair that with a decent gas washer so I can use it around the house/driveway as well as on the car.
Appreciate 0