View Single Post
      10-18-2013, 11:47 PM   #16
Btturbo
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Red E90

**update**

So, I finally had some time to get my car to a tire shop, they did a True Match, Hunter machine but they don't call it Road a Force. Anyway it was at a Discount Tire here in my area, bought many tires there on previous vehicles and they were more than happy to take care of me and provide special care to my wheels. I bought the care back mid-summer with the Volks on it. While inspecting the tires, the guy notes they are 2008 model year tires....wtf???? Still in great shape, not sure how they have been around that long, o well. So they do the drivers front first, machine tells them to rotate tire on wheel. Took two stout guys all the strength they have to rotate it about a quarter turn on the wheel. Remount and balance, then move to passenger side.
I noticed when the put it on balancer it appears not to be centered, they adjust twice, same result and then they guy grabs my paperwork and heads in to find me, I already know what's coming. He confirms, my wheel is bent. Dammit!!! They go ahead and balance and stick back on car.

To my surprise, hit the road and headed out to the toll (80 mph speed limit) and car is smooth!!! I thought for sure vibration would come right back, but it didn't. Guess it was not just the bent wheel but more a balance issue.

I guess now I need to try and hunt another wheel, have no idea what exact offset and all are currently on it....any advice on where to look for that info on the wheel and where to find Volk wheels would be great. Just don't feel comfortable leaving it on there.