View Single Post
      06-06-2011, 05:40 PM   #56
kyoo
Captain
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoTempted View Post
Dude a modded anything will beat a lot of stock somethings. And Ryan Gates is not running a near stock size turbo. They're just different platforms. 0-60 the evos and STIs beat the M3 but anything over about 75 it's the M all day. I've owned a wrx, stage 2 sti and now a lightly modded AMS tuned evo x. AWD-T 4s, generally speaking have no top end especially when compared to a RWD high revving V8. That's where, I think, the biggest differences would lie... Besides fit and finish, and luxury.
Not anymore, but in 08 time attack series he was running an FPRed I believe. I'm not arguing highway runs to 150, I'm talking about track cars (not track race cars, running cars on the track). I just wanted to point out its not outrageous for an M3 to be smoked by one of these rally cars like people are saying. Even lightly modded ones.

::
I'm not saying the M3 isn't a better car - IMHO it is. I still want to get an M3 fully knowing my evo is already faster than an M3 (to 60, on a track, auto-x, and in the 1/4 mile), and always will be unless I do pretty wild things to the M3 like going bigger displacement. I really couldn't care about highway racing/speeds - and if I did, I'd want a Z06.

If OP is looking for outright speed on the track, this is genuinely something to consider. If he's looking to race on the highway the choice is obvious. If he's looking for a nice overall package, and IMO the greatest overall sports coupe in current day production, then the choice is obvious again - M3 all the way.

Last edited by kyoo; 06-06-2011 at 05:50 PM..
Appreciate 0