View Single Post
      06-10-2011, 06:54 PM   #108
jml
Major
Rep
Drives: X5M, GT3RS, GT4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subw00er View Post
I just put my JEGS valves on.. so far so good. They respond smoother than the Race Ready Performance ones, and look about as well, actually better, made. The main problem with the RRP cutouts is that their motor is not sealed and water gets in and corrodes the motor. I'd never taken that black cup off of the motor until recently and OMG the amount of corrosion in there was immense. They didnt even use a sealed motor?! WTF?

The JEGS is a sealed unit and the wiring is not exposed, a much better setup I think, and I guess time will tell. I was able to use all of my old wiring, including the race ready wireless remote module, which was good. I just cut the wires from my RRP doorstops and put on some blade connectors for the JEGS.. easy.

The only design improvement as far as I can tell the RRP cutouts have over the JEGS is the slotted install holes which make it easier to align them nicely.. just gives more flexibility. RRP also uses a nice waterproof connector, which is actually really humorous considering that their entire motor is exposed. Hey, at least it LOOKED good, right?

I think my only real complaint on the JEGS is the finish. Its a chromed look and it makes my valves look a bit more noticeable. Beyond that, I have nothing bad to say.. great price, JEGS support..
+1
Appreciate 0