09-17-2013, 06:36 PM   #107
HeartMD
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 MW,ZCP E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylydiamy View Post
Most of us who are married and have kids forget about how simple and cheap it is to have a comfortable life if you are single and have no kids.

Same thing applies to those who pay alimony (like me, $4K a month until I retire )

For those who are single and have no kids, life is a lot cheaper : less utility bills... less rent/mortgage since they don't need a big place... they can live in less expensive neighborhoods since they don't need to worry about school system... when they take a vacation, it is a lot cheaper for one then family of 3-4... less spending on grocery... paying for one insteda of 2/3/4 people when going out....

So if you consider all of these, it is not much difficult to afford 600-700 monthly payment on a used car. Hey, average family car costs 300-400 a month anyways...

When I came to this country, I was 18 years old and only $175 in my pocket. I barely spoke a few words of English, didn't know a single person, had no prior work experience or education. I worked my ass of during my early years. I could have bought nice cars like M3 but I didn't. I chose to save my money. I recently went through divorce and she took it all from me and will be taking my future income until I retire (another 25 years...) I CAN NOT SAY ENOUGH HOW MUCH I REGRET NOT GETTING MYSELF NICE CARS LIKE M3 WHEN I WAS YOUNGER!!!
VERY VERY true. One of my partners is in a similar boat. Makes about 400k/year and just recently got divorced with 3 kids. Well lets just say though that salary may seem impressive after taxes,alimony/child support and not forgetting medical school loan debt, he is living in a one bed room apartment and driving a camry. I think some one that is single in their mid to late 20's with a good paying job can definately afford a new M3. Oh an gentlemen please wear a raincoat when you decide to lead the playboy lifetstyle because knocking up the wrong women can add the monthly payment of a ferrari to your bills.
2011.75 E92 MW/BB extended,ZCP,ZP2,ZCV, IPOD,BMW APPS, Heatedseats,6MT, Edition Black Chrome Grills & Side Gills, CF splitters, CF performance spoiler, CF mirror caps, Turner black anodized pedals, Akropovic Evolution exhaust w/CF tips, Still Undecided on tune, AFE Pro5r, AFE intake scoops, LUX H8
2009 E92 JB/Black 335 xdrive (retired)
Appreciate 0