View Single Post
      09-23-2011, 12:25 PM   #4
GOVCO
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 AW M3 DCT [Slight Mods]

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdyaman View Post
being that your already 33, they might have an age cap. I know in the Marines, going in active duty as an officer, I believe the cut-off is 28.

not sure about Air Force, or the Reserves/Nat'l Guard, but that is something that may potentially come up.

Best of luck
I found information on the AFR, which states:

"If you haven't served before, you have to join before you turn 35. Exceptions would be for medical professionals, clergy and attorneys. If you have served before, you would have to join before you are 40, plus the time served. For example, if you served in a military branch for six years, you could join up through about age 46. The idea is that you must be able to get 20 good years of service in before you turn 60."

So, it looks like I am within the window. You never know though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuner1984 View Post
...if called upon with especially having a family would you be ready to deploy? Not trying to to rain on your parade.
100%. Comming from a military family, and understanding what it was like have a member away for months at a time at such a young age, yeah, it would suck. However, having gone through it at a young age, knowing it can be done, and knowing I have the support of my wife, and family, we would make it happen. Especially given the change in how we're looking at wartime operations. The intent, at least from the current administration, is to reduce the amount of military deployment. Granted, you never know if your ticket will be called.
Appreciate 0