09-18-2011, 08:25 AM   #11
SamS
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Tesla M3 Perf + '18 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Don't know what you do SamS, but some of us are highly paid because were responsible for/to clients, patients, our company, our employees, etc. Taking 2 weeks off to drive around Europe at any given time of year is sometimes not possible.

And there's the issue of family. Some of us aren't crazy about pulling the kids out of school for a week or two in the middle of the school year. Or coordinating our random two week vacation with the spouse's job too.

And BTW, some of us spend plenty of time in Europe, so while going to the Welt would be cool, traveling in Europe isn't that special ...
Don't you take off a week (straight) every year for some type of normal vacation? I'm not taking off two weeks in a row, and a lot of people just make it a M-F trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Yes, it is. I want my car NOW. Of all people, people on here should understand the desire to drive the car ASAP.
Trust me, I want the car "now" just as bad as anyone. I don't mind waiting a few months for a car custom-built to my specs, and the experience to pick it up. But I can see that is not the case for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainbarky View Post
I have a baby on the way, it's a timing issue. Euro delivery sounds cool but it wouldn't save me money for the time I'd have to take off work and for the cost of taking time off, I rather spend it with the baby.
I can relate to this. My daughter was born last November, and we were planning ED even at that time. We're ultimately taking her with us, but there is a that ~3 year window of pregnancy/toddler age where traveling with your newest family member poses unique challenge.
Appreciate 0