10-23-2009, 08:31 AM   #1
rfdgn1228
Second Lieutenant
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 M3 AW/FR

Rattling noise from rear & humming noise when turning

hi all,

i've only had my car for about 3 months so hearing noises already is pretty much getting me upset. i hope its nothing since its gone away this morning but here's the deal:

last night when i was backing out of my parking spot i started to rear a rattling coming from the rear drivers side area. it literally sounded like i was dragging a can on the floor. i stopped, took a flashlight, and checked it out but couldn't find anything. i got back into the car and went on my way and the noise eventually went away at high speeds and turned into a waving noise (similar to how warped rotors sounded on my previous cars); however, all the noise went away eventually.

i got to my gf's, turned off the car, and was parked for about 15 min. when i started her up and left again, the same routine happened again. i was going to call the dealer and bring it in but it hasn't happened since then, even this morning when i left for work.

also, on another note, i am hearing humming noises when i make a hard right turn but can't replicate the noise when i make a hard left. it sounds similar to how my tires sounded when they were unbalanced on my 350z but i don't think its that cause its fine any other time.

so, after that long explanation (apologies), i was wondering if any of you could help me determine what's going on and if i should even bother bringing into the dealer since the noise already stopped. i figured if they can't repeat what's going on they'll say everything is fine and i'll just waste my time.

thanks for the help.

2009 aw/fr e92 m3
Appreciate 0