View Single Post
      05-08-2017, 12:39 AM   #36
-BEASTMW-
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Car and Driver. Just looked for them online but can't find it. I threw away my CD issues after I got 1M. The first drive of CSP said basically wheels were glorious but suspension to harsh and would provide some slight handling only on glass circuits and anything less than perfect, the original 18" version which had lighter wheels kept its composure better.

The problem is no one ever compared fixed 18" wheel version with CSP. Many reviewed EDC units with 220 19" wheels which is basically the same thing. Someone needs to review the same year 2010 M3 MT with 18" no option, no sunroof vs. 2010 ZCP MT no option. What you will find is that on less perfect roads and tracks the regular base M3 is just as quick and possibly even quicker while giving you a better overall ride.

Most reviewers of ZCP, including Chris Harris said the stiffest setting was too harsh and not very useful.

If someone has the CD issue, I think it was 2010.

I found this online too:
http://www.carenthusiast.com/reviews...n+Package.html

Here is video of 2008 Base M3 Chasing down CZP M3. Again, not sure of transmission, but says both stock.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWy9-WxoWOQ
So there's really no tests where it performed worse as you said. If anything, the Sport setting is too stiff for most situations (which I'd agree with, although on a very smooth track it would probably help). You still have two other settings, and they are still dynamic.

I doubt any of the stock suspension setups makes a major difference in performance, but to say the ZCP setup did worse in tests isn't really accurate. And I'm pretty sure people have agreed that the Comfort mode with EDC is more livable that the standard fixed dampers.
Appreciate 2
BOOF-M34451.50