Colonel
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
i bought it but then cancelled it

Since I was going to run different wheels and tires, it was useless to keep it

I have gone through 4 different sets of rims and 8 sets of tires in the 21 months/18k miles I've had the car.
Safe to say I wouldn't use the warranty as I wanted to try a variety of different combos.

Out of those 8 sets, 3 of them were RS3s lol.

I tend to change tires when they dip below to 60%-70% life. sometimes sooner. Tires are one place i don't "cheap" out on
Was told by BMW that they would even replace wheels/tires that are not OEM as long as it's an approved wheel/tire list. I don't know what the list is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamspeed View Post
How much is the warranty? Doesn't really sound like its worth it unless they replace the tire at no cost. Even then depending on how much the warranty costs you would have to replace x number of tires to have it worth it. Patching a tire is like 10 bucks or possibly even free
I believe I paid around $1100 for the tire/wheel warranty. I've had 2 flats already (a week apart, same tire). Invoice was almost $600 each. Dealer replaced at no cost to me. The key to replacement of either wheel/tire: IT MUST NOT HOLD AIR. They don't replace cosmetic damages, only structural damage. So, if a wheel is bent, but holds air, no replacement.
Mods List: Evolve Exhaust | M Perf Steering Wheel | Tint | Lux | Hardwired V1 | KW V3 | Volshlag CP | Brembo BBK | BBS FI | Yokohama AD08 R| Schroth 4 Point Harness | Challenge GT Diffuser | OEM GTS Wing| GTS Lip| I lied earlier, I wasn't done with mod, but I swear, I'm done now, no more mods...
Appreciate 0