View Single Post
      11-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #54
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Fast forward to today, non of the cable companies can support 4K and will not for years to come. Yes Netflix supports 4K but your network coming to your house it the limiting factor. Plus the 4K content on Netflix is highly compressed so the image quality is no better than HD today at full bandwidth. The only way today to see true full bandwidth 4K is to have a Blueray player which support 4K and having content which was recorded in 4K.
God, yes, THIS! People don't understand how compression works and what it does to picture quality. So these stupid providers like NetFlix and DTV are pushing this utter bullshit that they offer 4K content when, in fact, the compression doesn't actually push FULL 4K to the consumer at all. So all these idiots roam around telling me that I don't know what I'm talking about when I say 4K is a gimmick and full content support for it is a LONG way off. Good God, just try explaining bandwidth to these so-called "techie", Luddite, marketing-gimmick-buying-stupid-asses and their heads just explode as they're walking off hee-hawing like the donkeys they are. This is the same as trying to explain to some asshat who just bought an "LED TV" that his TV isn't actually an "LED TV" and that it's just an LCD backlit by LED's.
Appreciate 0