View Single Post
      07-20-2012, 09:07 PM   #25
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

I am not so sure if the margin is as easy as you are making it out to be. Sure the GT3 4.0 is faster and a lots of fun raw car. I can understand why
GT3 4.0 won. It has more power over GTS and a bit lighter also.

However, reading this review as well as others. One can clearly understand that the M3 GTS is no joke in that department and the gap is not huge but rather more incremental.

Infact as you read this article you get the idea that M3 GTS seems to be great fun and handles even more predictable then the GT3 4.0. On the other hand you have to have some faith with GT3 4.0. The M3 GTS is more predicatable and easier to push to the limit in comparison. In the GT3 4.0 you still have to have faith in P engineers and their ability to over come the huge engine hanging in the back that is ready to bite you if you mess up.

As far as sound goes I have heard by all accounts that M3 GTS sounds awesome.

I would take the exotic F1 sounding small 4.0 liter high revving V8 (based off a high revving V10) over the 4.0 liter flat 6 to be honest when it comes down to sound.

Also big bore 6.2 liter V8 muscle car sound of C63 black series is great. But it is more like a Corvette sounding muscle car then M3 GTS which to me sounds more in league with high revving Ferrari.

Anyways sound is subjective but to my ears the high revving, high pitched sound is more fun then a bit more Coarse flat 6 or deep bellow of big bore muscle car sound.

I think take a few more pounds off the GTS M3, give it the same 500hp, and wider 300 section width rear tires like the GT3 4.0 and watch its lap times climb as high or higher then the GT3 4.0.

None the less good win for P car and great showing by M3 and even Lotus. I would love to be so lucky as to own any one of these cars. But if it was my money the ultimate M3 GTS with few extra mods would be parked in my garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaneristiDriver View Post
No surprise to see the RS 4.0 won...how could it not? Its quite possibly the best car ever made. You simply cannot compare anything else in this comparo to it.

We all know the GT3 RS 4.0 is THE best car, easily, amongst this group and also sounds the best by some margin too! The M3 cannot compare to the exotic symphony of the RS 4.0! It makes the M3 by comparo seem tame and mundane...and thats having actually heard the 4.0 in person compared to even a full exhaust M3. Simply no contest.
The 4.0 is amongst the best cars ever made and thats why anything short of a 458 or McLaren has trouble competing with it and even those cant beat it in comparos.
There was a similar Evo test with the GTS and GTR and the 4.0 easily won that one too.
http://www.evo.co.uk/features/featur...ar_xkr_75.html

Last edited by Kayani_1; 07-21-2012 at 06:39 PM..
Appreciate 0