Erie Von Otto
DT///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F31 Touring

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by baba louey View Post
If someone is going to be collecting these cars in the future, I'm guessing a Lime Rock edition will command a better price than a standard M3.
This is the key. I am always looking at E30 M3 for sale online. Rarely do I come across a Cecotto or Europameister edition, but when I do, I notice two things:
1. It has been very, very well taken care of. (Generally garaged, no track, all original, full maint records ect) Perfect example here.
2. It commands a much higher price than the other "run of the mill" M3.
So even though those had some kind of performance upgrade, the same will still happen with the E9X version Lime Rock or DTM or any other special edition with only cosmetics. Just the way it is. I like the "not so special right now" special editions. They will be in 20 years, and Ill get one for my son's college graduation gift then... lol!

But I gotta say I hate dealers that throw in their own special "Markup" so I walk. I saw it when I went looking for SRT8 Magnum that my buddy wanted. Dealerships had $10k+ on those. Was told it was all about supply/demand.. ridiculous.

Last edited by Erie Von Otto; 12-29-2012 at 03:26 AM..
Appreciate 0