View Single Post
      06-17-2009, 10:18 AM   #1
SLO
Shane
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3, RRS, LR4

Good Example of Why BMW Owners Get a Bad Rep.

Ok, so I am looking for a little guidance and opinions. In fact, I think I'll take a poll. First, the story:

I was at a local dealership picking up my car and saw a car that has been talked about quite a bit around town (amongst the BMW community, at least). It's a Dakar Yellow E92 M3 with a full Vorsteiner kit and black HRE wheels. The owner has done a lot to the car incluiding $2,500 in a clear mask that extends from the front all the way up to the CF roof. Pretty impressive car, IMHO. Also very unique with the color. The individual program is not cheap and it's kind of a crap shoot on how the color turns out for a specific body style. In fact, I almost bought a Dakar Yellow E46 M3 back in 2005 until I saw it in person. It just didn't fit the car, IMO. So, I was excited to see it and the color actually worked really well on the E92. I was also excited to take pictures and share them with the comminity.

Here is the kicker and what addresses the title of the thread. As I was taking pictures with my iPhone, one of the technicians says "just be careful and don't post those on the internet, Mr. So-and-So [don't want to call the owner out] would be pissed."

So, I have 5 or 6 pictures, albeit not the best pictures, of a pretty unique Dakar E92 M3. Do I post them?
Appreciate 0