09-19-2013, 08:43 AM   #83
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
One of the local master technicians met with the senior /// engineer from Germany. The word is that BMW acknowledges that there is bearing issue due to tight clearance. But BMW will assess each failure on a case-by-case basis and extend a goodwill warranty cover. The catch is that, the car must have an ongoing dealership service history, at least oil changes, to confirm factory spec oil and filter have been used each time. If this is the case, regardless of the miles or years, BMW will help owners out.

Also the same /// engineer was quoted saying, hang on to the ///3s with S65 engines because it's last of the /// cars with /// DNA and built at the /// centre (I don't know much about this one). All current and future /// cars including 3, 5 and 6 will be series builds along with other non-/// cars.
If BMW really means it they would put it in writing. To expect a car to continue to go to the dealer for every oil change (during and after service warranty with the ridiculous 15k mile intervals they specify) is absurd considering how many owners DIY in their own driveway. I also find it hard to believe they will help out regardless of time or miles but i'd love to be proven wrong in this case.
Appreciate 0