09-09-2013, 09:12 PM   #14
Hujan
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spr View Post
Contact KAIV (Kevin) on the boards. He installed mine and is in SD. Awesome mechanic. Did my pulleys in less than an hour.
Good thinking. I wished I'd thought of that. Thanks for the idea! Too late this time, but I'll keep him in mind for next time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malek@MRF View Post
Are you using the proper tool to help alleviate tension off the AC belt tensioner? Using a standard ratchet or wrench will be typically hard to do this with as it doesn't provide enough leverage torque to release the tensioner.

You should be able to easily relieve tension and guide the belt on one handed with enough leverage on the pulley. Also, try slipping the belt onto a NON-RIBBED pulley LAST.
Thanks for chiming in, Malek. I was using a standard wrench, per all the DIY guides I saw. It makes sense that a special tool would make it even easier. I did, however, have enough sense to try a non-ribbed pulley last.

In any event, I ended up breaking a piece off the power-steering pulley under the tension of trying to get the belt over the final pulley. The car is at the shop now.

BTW Malek, I shot you a PM about an unrelated issue. I hear really good things about your shop. I'm up in OC all the time for work. I would love to swing by sometime.
Appreciate 0