View Single Post
      07-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #12
Longbow64
_______
Rep
Drives: 15 M3, 13 X3 35i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by alofoque View Post
How is that meth kit along with the procede. Any issues? Would the longevity of the motor be compromised running meth? I'm trading my FBO+Meth 135 and since i'll have shiv's PWM kit laying around i figured why not try it on the M along with the tune. I was very happy with it on the N54, thing was a monster.
The only downsides of running meth is that you have to keep buying it. Since you've already had this installed on your 135i, you know how the Procede and Meth are integrated in the CANBUS, making it very convenient, safe, and applicable only when necessary. You won't see the big gains out of the M3 that you saw in your turbo'd 135i, but it is a significant improvement. The guys running stock M3s around here can't keep up with my or JA///MES' M3 with catless exhausts, Procede, and meth.

The only issues I had were during the beta testing when we were figuring out the differences in the N54 and S65 fault codes. The SES kept coming on even though we had what we thought were the right fault codes built in the Canclear function. Shiv made corrections and they are built in and working as advertised in the latest firmware (which firmware and map updates are always free by the way). Shiv also sent out upgraded, larger nozzles to us, also free. The older ones had a different spray pattern that was getting the filter soaked. The new nozzles work a lot better.

I think the Procede uses a different harness for the M3's ECU.