View Single Post
      07-11-2009, 02:54 AM   #1
scollins
Bootleggin' 'n Gunrunnin'
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Who does this kind of stuff, really?

So I came across this ad on Craigslist for a Nikon 70-200 F/2.8 VR.

http://seattle.craigslist.org/see/pho/1263728730.html

Quote:
I bought this a few months ago at J&R and have just not used it. It's never been mounted or even out of the box at this point. Comes with of course all it's accessories as you would get it from Nikon including registration card etc. As I said, it's in exactly the condition it was when I received the box from J&R and of course I'll provide the original receipt.

I can't dictate Nikon's warranty policy but it is a USA lens, it is unregistered and you'd have the original receipt. In the hopefully unlikely event that you need warranty work and Nikon rejects the receipt because the name is different, I'll offer to send it to them on your behalf. I'm not in a position to guarantee what they will do but my past warranty experience with them (on a D90 I purchased on eBay) went quite smoothly.

Ben

I have a photograph of the box I'll post later this evening.
So let me get this right, this guy dropped probably $1,700 to $2,000 for the lens, got it and then never even opened it??? WTF? This is a major purchase, so who the hell isn't crazy-excited when the thing arrives and can't wait to open it? I know guys on this forum are going gonzo when new kit arrives, which is what I consider "normal." This guy comes across as very abnormal.

Strikes me as very odd, and very fishy too.....
2013 Ducati Multistrada Touring S, Red
Appreciate 0