View Single Post
      02-06-2008, 10:08 AM   #2
Couch
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Garage List
2007 E92 335i  [0.00]
I don't know what his problem was, probably just a younger kid wanting to race. Never under estimate the quickness of trucks. You'd be really surprised how fast they can be. But you weren't showing much of a different additude by playing along.

I hate to bust your bubble, but your statement on lowered trucks is based on ignorance. I had a lowered truck for over 7 years. The guy who owned it for a year before me, hauled construction equipment and pulled his bass boat with it daily/weekly.

When I had it I hauled 1 million envelopes, that's 20 boxes of 50,000 envelopes several days a week. Among a large amount of boxes filled with a variety of other paper products. So don't tell me it's worthless.

And if airride suspension is done correctly you can haul anything. If I were at home I could post pics of large trailers being pulled by bagged trucks. A lot of bed floors are left cut open so the craftmanship can be viewed by those of use who understand and respect true quality that is done by a persons own two hands. And because when completed properly just looks damn cool.

I don't expect people outside of the the show truck scene to understand. I'm sure there are a lot people on this forum who were once in the import scene. Until Fast and Furious came out and ruined the scene for them, there were a lot of guys doing some really innovative mods and quality work to their Civics.

I just get tired of hearing this "well your truck is lowered so it's worthless now". It's a bunch of bullshit and I'm tired of hearing it. You may as well go ahead and say owning a BMW is pointless too since most of us aren't tracking our cars. We should all just ride the bus. Not to mention you may as well call out everyone who mods their cars on these forums as well.

Bottom line though, we're all car guys at heart whether it's trucks, ricers, or euros. We all go out to cruise and have a passion for autos, it shouldn't matter whether you like the style or not. But you're better off learning and having an understanding of the sport before assuming something is not meant to do a certain thing.

The truck in my sig is bagged and bodydropped, not mine but I like the effort it took to build. And here is my old truck, which by your logic is deemed worthless (having issues uploading pics so I linked the post):

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showpo...&postcount=125
Appreciate 0