Thread: The Orange One
View Single Post
      11-28-2013, 08:13 AM   #1
Morally Gray
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: AMG C63s Coupe

The Orange One

Hi all The build is nearly done so I thought I would update the thread.

So a little back story, I've been planing to purchase an E92 M3 after having owned an E46M and also helped along after attending a pretty kick ass track day.

My plan was to wait a year till the M4 came out and pick up one of the flux of pre-order sellers to hit the market. But then I saw her... in all her orange glory and I just had to own it. Paid around 20k more than an equivalent spec'd car in a standard colour or perhaps uniqueness is personally as important as the make and model of the car itself.

The car is an E92, 2010 with 60k on the clock, I bought the car stock interstate and had it trucked to WA.

Given the long time I had to think about this build and my expectation that it was still going to be many months away as you can see it was all pretty much planed out (except for the super charger, didn't see that coming).

Many car's I've seen on these forums have inspired me, Dave Dee's would be a stand out. Appreciate all the advice you've given as well thanks Dave.

Items I'm still waiting on...
vorsteiner gts-v Rear/Front spoiler
CF side skirts
H&R Super Springs
Gintani 625 Supercharger kit
Brake peddles
M3 racing kick panels
OEM Fire Extinguisher
Connected Drive Coding

Stock

Harrop E92 Big Brake Kit

Suede inserts

Musica E92 Premium Sound -Stage 3 http://- Still yet to be fitted<br /...s-with-stereo/

AFE Stage 2 Intake Pro5

Test Pipes

ESS Engine + DCT Tune
This was an ESS tune for AFE intake and test pipes, the car will take a Gintani tune once the SC is installed. DCT tune is for the GTS from what I can tell.

Reverse Camera

Awron Vent Gauge Demo video here

BBS Rims
Still 19's and made to look OEM, much wider offset and allowed me to put 255/35 and 305/30 on the back.

265 v 305

Black Side and Front Grills

Limited Edition M3 Wheel / OEM Carbon Fiber Trim / M Handbrake

Inconel Exhaust - Still not fitted right however

Custom Headlights

AL Laser Defense Kit + 9500 Passport
Pics to come

Connected Drive Retro Fit
Pics to come

Dyno Graph
Pics to come

Gintani 625 Super Charger - This is the actual super charger to be installed after it's painted orange of course.

What it currently looks like... about 3/4 of the way there.

Thanks to all who have provided support and ideas. A special thanks to Dan at BM Technic's in Perth who has performed most of the work so far.

Last edited by Morally Gray; 12-23-2013 at 10:26 AM..
Appreciate 0