09-06-2010, 04:21 PM   #88
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBoost View Post
i have 17,000 miles on the clock and just looked at the invoice and i don't think my car has had this done how bad do u guys think this is??
No way to know how bad it is...probably increased wear at least some appreciable amount. Same thing happened to me.

Have them change it now and explicitly state on the work order that they didn't change it properly at the 1200 mile service. If you have any issues with your tranny down the road, it will be on the dealership. If you want to take it a step further, you can ask to speak to the regional BMW rep and discuss your concerns with him. Don't let anyone brush it off as "no big deal". Even if it were "no big deal", it's not for them to determine.

Even more hilarious is that my dealer was not going to change the fluid for the 30k mile service either. I had to insist that it was the correct thing to do per the manual. Further, they went on to tell me - "well, we haven't been doing it for any other M3s". hahahaha - what a joke! Gotta love the incompetence on a 60k+ car.

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0