12-11-2007, 08:27 PM   #109
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
First of all, I did not say you made any claim. You as you put it "called out" Footies claim and said that he does'nt have any proof to back it up. I'm simply returning the favor back on calling you out if you have any proof that he is wrong. I'm not saying he's right nor i'm saying he's wrong either. Same goes with you, i'm not saying you're wrong or right either. But if you are going to call anybody out just because you don't agree with the person, at least have something to back it up with. The way i see it is you're both making speculations and there's nothing wrong with that.
I have backed up my objections. I already brought up how the Evo has a very advanced drivetrain, IMO at least close to the GT-R, maybe even in some ways more advanced. I brought up the 599, FXX, LS 600h and Veyron as well as potential challengers. Multiple web sites and reviews have claimed this title (or at least being in a small group at the very top) for the Lexus, Autospectator.com wrote that the LS 600h, "may rank among the most technologically advanced automobiles in the industry."

My point was really to get footie to simply back up his claim. If you make a claim and are challenged, even if the challenge or challenger does not immedaitely disprove you, you should be able to back up your claim. Otherwise your words are mostly useless speculation. I think I have given plenty of counter examples that challenge his claim at least in principle, although I would never go so far as to say I have disproven it. I don't have a huge interest in such a claim as there is bound to be some subjectivity and it is unlikely that one can really choose a single winner. If I did, trust me I'd would have disproven him long ago .
Appreciate 0