View Single Post
      05-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #55
DieselDiner
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanmarsenille View Post
I'll give you my opinion: I am in my 30s and happily married, and have been for almost 10 years. Of my previous relationships, the ones where my girlfriend's "friends" were predominantly male never ended well. I am not a naturally jealous or possessive person but it takes a particular kind of male to put up with that kind of BS consistently, and I cannot imagine being married to someone like that. You are young and as someone else said, there are literally millions of other women out there. Take your time and take it easy.
Agree 100%. I've been married even longer than the quoter above, but concur with the perspective.

And to elaborate, you're not married, you're "dating", even though you live together. The boundaries of your relationship were established a long time ago (3 1/2 years), so you're dreaming if you expect her to change. And frankly, you shouldn't be trying to make her "change". Remember the old saying - 'a leopard doesn't change its spots'. This is who she is. You need to accept her as she is, and then decide if you like what you see, or need to move on.

I agree with the quoted post above, I wouldn't put up with her bullshit for 2 seconds...which means, I would move on. Look, the purpose of dating is to teach you what you like and dislike in a mate. You are learning a very valuable lesson from this situation, if you pay attention to how this makes you feel, and don't repeat the mistake with the next one.

Given the time in this relationship, I don't blame you for waiting until she moves, and then you can move on. Just don't forget this, and carry the experience forward to your next relationship.

She's entitled to do this if she wants, but you're entitled to decide you don't like the behavior and move on.