View Single Post
      04-28-2010, 01:35 PM   #176
SUB-ZERO
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 + Spur, DB11, F12, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbb357 View Post
We're not talking about which car has a "true motorsports" engine, whatever that means. We're talking about how you're bashing the ISF because it's a Toyota. And you did say that you like BMW because of it's engineering and how their engineers take the Autobahn and the Japanese engineers take the train. Which means to you that the BMW engineers are much better because they don't take the train like the Japanese engineers. Do you realize how retarded that really sounds. You're actually making a comparison and conclusion that the BMW engineers are better because they don't take the train, they take the Autobahn. How old are you? 19 or 16? And just to remind you, Toyota has built several high performance cars in the past. The last Supra Turbo, which was 13yrs ago, is as quick as some of the current sports cars today. It was capable of mid 4's to 60 and high 12's to 1/4 mile.
Regardless of how good the IS-F may or may not be, it is still a substitute product targeted at the BMW M3; someone who chooses the ISF over M3 will probably do so to save the $9k; I really doubt anyone will choose the ISF over the M3 because it is better than the M3 in any way. Lexus has come close, but so have many other manufacturers who have taken aim at the M3 for many years now. The fact is, that the M3 remains the King of its class, and to my knowledge, has not yet been toppled by the competition.

Personally, I drove the ISF, at Lindsay Lexus just like the OP. I thought it was an amazing car, until I drove the M3. Now that I have driven the M3 hard and on very challenging asphalt, it is my opinion that the M3 is a far superior performance coupe than the ISF.

Remember, the M3 chasis and engine is actually used to compete in professional motorsports; this is a fact and a true testament to the performance capability of the "m3 package"; we are talking about competitive racecars who use the actual m3 chassis and engine (less crank).

How many GT class racecars do you know of that use an ISF chassis? Engine?

Lexus ISF is a nice car and makes a great Gran Tourer. The M3 is in a different class.
-SZ
Appreciate 0