11-16-2012, 02:36 AM   #207
TurboBimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
Luxembourg
Rep
Drives: F82 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munit View Post
over 80 percent of the parts on an m3 are different than a regular 3 series. Hardly a tune.

It has more rigidity and extra support braces, flat undercarriage, composite body panels in much of the car.

Only the doors and the trunk lid are the same essentially.

Entire suspension is different, geometry and everything. Engine obviously is 10 steps above and it looks a hell of a lot better.

However if your eally look at all the extra supports, including the sway bars, undercarriage and strut tower big thick aluminum braces, the rigidity and handling is something you cant create with simply an aftermarket set of coil overs unless you are also changing out the knuckles, camber plates, toe links, adding several support beams under neath and adding a new strut brace in the engine bay.
Since you mention that big fat aluminium strut brace twice in your post, I'll just say that it costs a mere $250 and can be retrofitted in any E9X model, just as 90% of the chassis parts.

And if you track the M3 somewhat seriously, you'll change out the stock camber plates, toe links, brakes etc just the same as you upgrade them on an 335i

You're really blinded by the big ///M - Marketing.
Performance Seats, Exhaust, Splitters, Pedals, Steering Wheel / RB Turbos / M3 CF Roof / Brembo GT BBK 355/345 / Rollcage / Forge FMIC / Quaife LSD / Öhlins Road & Track / M3 Suspension Parts / Solid Subframe Bushings / Vorshlag Camberplates / Megan Racing Toe Links / LeatherZ Gauges / Extended M3 DCT Paddles / ER Sports OC / AR OC / Aux Radiator / AR DPs / Alpina TCU / COBB Pro-Tune
Appreciate 0