11-03-2013, 07:11 AM   #153
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
Dackelone, thanks. I drove the car today and could not hear the sound again when taking hard turns slowly. Just for the sake of it I went back to the intersection where I first heard the sound because the street also goes up a bit. No clicking.
I do not have a lift, I have not checked the level. I will see if the noise comes back in the next few days. I took the same kind of drive today than two days ago.
You could use four jack stands to make the car level up in the air(and safe to go under it) and then check the diff oil level. Or maybe have an indi shop/of your original dealer check it.

When BMW has a diff that makes noise then will change the fluid first to this SAF-XJ+FM and then the tech will take the car to a parking lot and do 20 tight turns(full lock) left and then right. This will heat up the diff clutches and the fluid will get up in there. Then you won't have any more noises. But the noise is a different sort of noise from what you describe. Its more of a wobble or vibration type.

The next time you hear the noise make a video of it so you can show it to your dealer.

Good Luck,
Dackel
Appreciate 0