gmund1948
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 335 cab,C-6 08, 73 911E 59 D,

Thanks for reading

Quote:
Originally Posted by malter2.0 View Post
Drove a '93 Z28. I heard it's a same setup as '08 Z0666.

Actually I addressed it between the lines in my previous post, but I can do it more directly. Porsche handled well back in 13th century, let alone now. In comparison to corvette (or BMW for that matter), it used a superior design since its inception. With generations they optimized, reduced immense, both understeer and oversteer on kill-yourself 930 and just built upon their racing heritage, which is the reason all P-cars nowadays are considered Rolex of track cars.

On the other hand, take American icon like Stingray - it never was a model of great handling car, just powerful straight line muscle car. Much like Porsche continued its path of great handling cars, chevy did also with power, which is why you don't see too many people drag racing their 911 turbos as you do people in supercharged C5 Z06s and C6 and bla bla bla...

Reading is fundamental, so they say. Oh, wait, is that a wrong answer?

Agreed. You are entitled to your opinion 100%, especially since you drove both cars, but on the other hand I would not so easily discredit opinions of those who have read and researched a lot. Collectively, a certain product or "thing" is deemed as good or bad, as the average of all the opinions.
Most of the magazine car reviewers have extensive car design experience or have worked for a long time in automotive industry, not to mention substantial track time. These people are professionals in their field and do this for living. On average their review of the car will be far more accurate than a weekend racer's opinion. I purposely say on average, as reviewers are not all created equal.

I respect a corvette for what it is, just as I respect a crown vic for being a great taxi car. Nothing more, nothing less.
I like BMWs, but I am not a fanboy, as you might classify me.

So you read, thats a good thing,
But no testing of the C-6, or the new M-3 for you ! You mentioned the 930
Porsche, It is too bad you don't get some experience driving them. Deseminate all the information from the journalists you want. Remember
journalists write, then sell themselves to a magazine, the magazine makes money through advertising (BMW, Porsche, Chevy) and sales of the magazines ( to people who cannot drive the car themselves )

You have proven that you can argue with many others until you reach a point of frustration where you're limited experience leaves you dazed and confused. You can only argue so far with information gathered from others
then you get lost

No a 93 Z-28 is not the same as an 08 C6 (or Z-06)

"By far the best proof is experience."
Sir Francis Bacon 1560-1625