VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001M View Post
Wow,
So there were only 3000 people that signed up for this fun run.
I stayed the night in Bastrop and took 812 N to the track. The rest that came from Austin- 2,999 -LOL.. said that 130 toll road was a disaster. It took some 40 min. just to exit and get into the track. They then delayed the run by30 min so that people could get in. What a nightmare for just 3000 people.
From what i can tell, there is only 1 entrance into the track. I could be wrong about that?-- and it's just a 1-way road in (812). So how the heck are 150K people all going to feed into the facility with just 1 entrance?
BTW, the elevation changes on this track are crazy.
V -- at the M day a few weeks ago, I believe you said you're in turn 11; that looks like a great spot. You can see cars coming at you and then make the turn down and away from you.
Construction update: They are still doing lots of construction/installing seats/planting bushes.
Thanks for the info/report on the Formula Run...It may have been a good mini-test for the track officials to practice for the car race weekend. 3,000 people -- I didn't even know about the Run until you posted it -- and in the last few days I have found several people that did not believe me when I told them about the Circuit of the Americas -- they have heard/read NOTHING. COTA should be advertising at Houston Texan games, Dallas Cowboys, at pubs and bars, etc. Just seems that they're missing an entire Public Relations opportunity to get awareness out there.

Anyhow, thanks especially for the Turn Eleven news. Maybe I'll have to bring my own chair!

- V

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0