10-04-2012, 09:56 PM   #116
clar
Major
Singapore
Rep
Drives: M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by alms211 View Post
Cool and great on you for being able to drive them. The GT3 is a work of art on the racetrack...especially the GT3 4.0. It is far too raw to be used as anything other than a weekend/track car IMO.

There are used GT3's out there for the mid to upper $70's now and I think that is an absolutely great buy. Hell, I just sold my 997 Turbo with 37K miles and CPO warranty for $69K. I bought my CaymanS brand new but all the others were bought used. Will never buy a Porsche brand new again.

I am not saying the M3 is the Holy Grail either...What I am saying is that at it's price point, I cannot find anything that compares to it in terms of DD ability, performance, creature comforts, build quality and utility that can also be used on a track for HPDE's.

You made a terrific choice in the M3. It is a wonderful machine at $65K. I am going back to a DCT E92M3 because of what I just said above (just bought Roman from ESS personal car from ESS).
My goodness, u practically get to drive your 911 Turbo for free?!!! Sounds like your new M3 is supercharged?
Appreciate 0