View Single Post
      06-02-2008, 02:51 AM   #112
440hpe46
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
the GTR is just as daily drivable then the M3... the sus is a little stiffer... but other then that.. its basically the same....

the GTR has more room inside...

the main purpose for both cars is speed... so the GTR wins.... its MUCH faster...
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
ive drivin both the new GTR and M3....... both were very comfortable and very daily drivable... easy to negotiate and live with.....

its a sports car... if we weren't buying a car for speed in mind FIRST..... we would be driving X5 or a 7 series....

I orderd a M3 because of the feel i will have driving it.. IE. the quickness and sportiness....

Then chose it also because of its comfort and quality.....

and i was talking about the front seats....... Cmon.. neither of us will be sitting in the back of either... im 6'5 btw
You miss the point of the M...it isn't built for just speed...at speeds below 65MPH, handling is far more important, unless your a red light drag racer...and even then, the only thing that matters is 0-60mph, so the rest of the power that's available in all of these cars, one isn't even able to extract...

I put adults in the back of my M all the time...that's one of the downfalls of the 997 and GTR...the overall characteristics of the M are what won the comparo...
Appreciate 0