View Single Post
      02-07-2013, 11:13 PM   #1
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

KW S/O kit, Corner Balancing, Alignment and Driving Impressions

Thought I would post pics of newly installed KW Sleeve over spring kit, Corner balancing with 140 lbs in drivers seat and new alignment. The aligment was kept the same, Camber-F/R -2.5/-2.0; Toe-F/R .10/.20 degrees; Castor-factory settings

The front was lowered approx 3/8 inch and rear was lowered approx 1/2 inch more than previous Eibach pro-kit springs. The ride IMO is just as comfortable as Eibach springs, except being much lower and more responsive to steering input. All three modes of the EDC felt distinct and about the same as with Eibach springs.

I will be tracking at Motorsports Ranch in Cresson, TX this weekend and will report back on how the KW S/O kit handles on track. This will be a new track for me so I will most likely not break any track records. HaHa!

I know the diehards will say the Clubsport was the way to go, but I will soon be having to add a baby seat in back and keeping the EDC (comfort mode) then makes more sense. Also with the KW S/O, I get to keep my existing Vorshlag camber plates which I love.

Installation, Corner balancing and Alignment were done by Driver Source in Houston, 281-479-1000
Attached Images

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL

Last edited by ortho281; 07-24-2013 at 03:35 PM..
Appreciate 0