03-26-2008, 11:14 AM   #61
OC ///M
Dr. Octagon
United_States
Rep
Drives: Moonstone e92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Just to bring things back on topic, I'm not that familiar with the Kreis-seig brand so I snooped around their webpage briefly and found this description of their system.

So now my question is, Is driving around with the exhaust set to Open Mode (F1 sound) even legal? On most public streets in the U.S., yes.

I'm assuming it isn't so my follow-up question is, How legal is it to install an exhaust system that can become illegal at the flick of a switch from inside the cabin? Basically dumps from the sound of their description when its in open mode. Part of the answer to this question really depends on the level of risk you're willing to take.

A a flow-chart diagram of their system can be found here. http://www.kreissieg-usa.com/?_page=10&gubun=f1

Thanks for that ^
The website's portrayal of the exhausts for the E60 and the E46 appear to be CAT back and therefore would potentially be street-legal, assuming no violations of local laws restricting db levels...

I'm interested in how the weight of the Valvetronic compares to stock...

I'd also still like to see a pic of the actual piping especially how it looks with the bends/transition at the "CAT bypass" area...

2013 E92 M3 Individual
Sold: 2011 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Into a Wall: 2008 E92 M3 SSII | Sold: 2007 E92 335i JB
Appreciate 0