michaeldorian
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krank View Post
Like others have said, it has to be an M3

Nissan's are... well... Nissans, regardless of the performance claims or the cult following by the ricer scene, I will never spend my own money on a Nissan. Subscribers to "Sport Compact Car" would have you think it is the best car ever released in America, but no matter what they do, it will still be a ricer in my book.

R8 and M3 however, are both fairly classy vehicles, with more than adequate performance, and civility for daily driving. That being said, I have driven both in Germany and I just keep coming back to the M3. The M3 is the car that really makes you feel the excitement of driving. It is almost spiritual when you hear that engine at 8400 rpm. Don't get me wrong, the R8 is an amazing piece of machinery, but it just doesn't make me feel the way I do in the M3.

For my money, I went for the M3 and used the money I saved to by my wife a new 128i. She thinks it is "so cute".
Excellent point. I have yet to drive the R8, but from my understanding the redline is at 8200 so it a pretty high revving machine also. I don't remember a single time where I didn't have a smile on my face on my E46 when the engine hit 7K RPM's. I can imagine the M3.

For me there is something about the R8 design that feel so modern. I've never been Audi fan but that car is quite something else. As for 911's, I'd never pick up a C2 over a R8. Price being the same. GT3 would be the only one I'd consider.

Thanks everyone for there opinions. I have an R8 on order but the allure of the M3, its active community and that bit of cash I'll save is really getting to me. However never owning a mid-engine car, the R8 seems like a good bet.
Appreciate 0