View Single Post
      11-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #122
Z K
Major General
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeM3 View Post
True, although the roughly 300 lbs of weight difference narrows when you include about 100 lbs worth of supercharger kit and required fluids. And agreed that the power band is less of an issue in a rolling event like the one showed, where you are more likely to be able to be in the sweet spot, but it really does depend on the starting point. What if the rolling start is at 60? Not exactly the best starting point for an M3, as it would lug a bit in 3rd before getting on boil. It's definitely less of an issue with the GTR. The broad power band really helps no matter what speed or rpm you are at, not just off the line.
Yeah... I'm no expert at roll racing besides a few friendly runs with friends. I've definitely haven't gone up against a GT-R. But bench racing numbers show it's pretty even. AWD almost becomes a disadvantage at higher speeds as the extra weight and AWD is not needed at high speeds.

I used to own Evos and off the line with launch control you'd jump about anything but at higher speeds even with the same HP, RWD cars start pulling harder.