View Single Post
      11-30-2012, 11:26 AM   #84
attila
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2015 Mclaren 650s, 2015 GTS4,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfinwolfsclothing View Post
GT3 is an extremely balanced car and very different from a regular 911. Its suspension geometry is absolutely fantastic out of the box. I havnt had much time in a 458 and not back to back with a GT3 but EVO said the 458 felt edgy compared to the GT3. Edit: This is from Autocar, not EVO. But EVO also picked it as the better car over the 458.

http://www.autocar.co.uk/blogs/teste...why-gt3-rs-won

If youre driving a car that has limits of a GT3, or any other car that has limits that are close, if something goes wrong youre going to need to be a very very good driver to fix it, whether its a GT3 or Mclaren, doesnt matter.

Cayman S will be most like the M3, it will be easy to drive at 5/10s or 10/10s, but it has higher limits and is a much better handling car with tons more feel and you can really exploit the mid engined platform whereas the 911 will require you to become a better driver and adjust to how it should be driven.

Are you real?? The GT3 and RS (997.2) rear suspension geometry is - well if I want to be nice - requires some changes and assembly. If I am not so nice then.. It is a pile of....@^#$@*
Try to threshold brake in one and you will see! It has a toe out tendency under braking. Meaning it will wiggle its nice fat ass like a whore. That's why you see so many aftermarket rear toe link and control arms. I went with full RSS links on my RS now the ridiculously weak LSD next. The car also comes with no alignment whatsoever.
So the GT3 is a fun car on the track but not more fun than the M3 or a Mazda MX-5. Faster, more exiting, better noise, lots of adrenaline - to keep it on the black stuff - but not necessarily more fun. One advice if you want to track your GT3 - AVOID the PCCB brakes!! They are very expensive!
Appreciate 0