E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by johanness View Post
That's because actual characters of the sport are slowly being phased out by the homologous mass you see today. Racers that aren't 'allowed' to race, and pussy team management that are too worried about their marketing (exa: Hamilton/Rosberg).

Sounds like someone's pony needs a win soon
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
And I'm not saying that they should be. But Vettel is a racing driver first off and a politician second.

I'm not saying that it wasnt a crappy move on his part. But that doesnt change the fact that he did what we applauded senna for. Having balls and screwing over your teammate.
Characters and dynamics of F1 drivers changed over the past 20 years.
With the amount of sponsorship (or the sponsors drivers bringing to the team), marketing, and runs like a show business.
Everyone will just read their script and act their part.

In the end of the day, seb's intention was understandable and definitely justify-able. No one will be bitching if Vettel won his 4th WDC by less than 7 points.

On the other hand, what if Webber lost out the championship by less than 7 points? (not likely he will make it all the way anyways )

What made a big fuss last weekend wasn't why he did it, was how he did it. He knows the team "strategy", he knows the team wants 43 points (of course he wants 25 for himself), he knows after the last round of pit stop. They were to so called "multi-21" and "hold position". Perhaps it wasn't expected by Mark about the "attack" and pissed him off. Where Mark somehow follow team instruction, or he just being too comfortable position, or so he thought. And that made an impression that seb took advantage of mark.

Nonetheless, seb saw an opportunity and took it.

As I defended Button back in 2009, the points scored in the beginning of the season is as important at the end of the season. With Vettel targeting not just today's win, but also 4th consecutive championship, he will need to bag as much point whenever and however he can.

This won't be the first, and will not be the last time. But vettel will need to be cautious of Webber. From now on, I don't think mark will give him any breathing room or slack, or bother to play the so called "team game".