04-24-2012, 08:26 AM   #118
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
I'm starting to feel the same way. Last year, I enjoyed it for the most part. But this year, the drivers just seem to be tip-toeing around not really able to go all out and 'race' each other for fear of burning the tires up too soon.

Simplest solution is to just bring refueling back
I disagree. They removed refueling for the simple reason that it resulted in too much overtaking in the pit lane, as opposed to on track. Instead, if you eliminate both tire changes AND refueling (in other words, introduce a very hard compound that can easily run the race distance), it will be a flat-out sprint from lights to flag. Drivers will be forced to do all their overtaking ON track, which I think we can all agree is the most enjoyable to watch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Also bring back qualifying tires, given now we don't see much "pure" racing per-se on Sunday. Saturday qualifying is pretty much the only chance we see the true pace of man and machine.

But now since you have to save the tires for first stint, many just opted to do a one lap flyer. Then save the tires for race day regardless the position.
This is a good suggestion, and something I've been harping about for a while. This stupid format results in a relatively boring Q3 as opposed to Q1/Q2.
Appreciate 0