View Single Post
      10-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #1
MTROIS
Major
France
Rep
Drives: on the wrong side of the Ocean

Oil Analysis Reports

Following the example of JonM, I decided to have Blackstone Labs analyze the oil when I recently had it changed.

Just to clarify the report:

* the engine had 16,094 miles and the oil had only been used for 7,181 miles (I double the frequency of oil change).

* type of use: I would say rather mild/medium 85% of time, one track day (4 X 20'), engine always warm when spirited driving

* As you will see, overall everything looks ok, with the exception of the lead value. I remember having taken gas after my track day at Lime Rock Park but that was only 2.240 gallons of 112 and I did not use it during the track session, only on my way home. I still believe that this is the root cause for the above average lead value but I need to double check that that gasoline was indeed leaded.

Anyhow, please start posting your oil reports in this thread and down the road we could start trending these reports using some multi variate data analysis tools to see if we can detect engines that wear abnormaly fast, average trends, etc...
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Blackstone Labs_D90340_091006_MTROIS.pdf (121.2 KB, 780 views)