captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 Cab - Cayenne GTS - Jag XK
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton FL - Lime Rock CT

Quote:
Originally Posted by likestogofast View Post
Lewis Carl Davidson Hamilton born 7 January 1985 and Felipe Massa born April 25, 1981 most likley grew up playing video games.

Formula 1 cars are auto clutched paddle shifting computer controlled because someone found a way around the rule book to do it.

I am in now way trying to say the technology that goes into making automatic transmissions is bad, but it will promote actions that will eventually cause the demise of manual transmissions. How many young kids and Lewis and Felipe are young kids, do not know how to operate a car with three pedals?

I would like to see all automatic transmissions outlawed in Formula 1 racing. I think you will then really find out who is the best driver.
I can assure you Massa and Hamilton are both very capable of driving manual transmissions.

These "Nascar guys can't drive because they only turn left" and "anyone can drive an F1 car with a paddle shifted tranmission" posts are just not very realistic.

These drivers are world class athletes and have nerves of steel. F1 cars expose the drivers to G forces that most airplane pilots never experience. I have years of track experience in a wide variety of vehicles and I can't even begin to imagine what it would feel like to drive an F1 car.

C

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center - Society of Automotive Historians - Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (0nly a VP) - BMWCCA - Porsche Club of America - M Gruppe - Polish Race Drivers of America (PDRA) - Glen Club (Watkins Glen International) - Jaguar Club of Southern New England
Appreciate 0