View Single Post
      06-04-2013, 04:19 PM   #1
330iTiAg
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 E92 M3

Need body shop referral

Yesterday, as I was driving into work, I didn't quite get close enough to the security gate keypad. I backed up so I could inch closer. As I was backing up, this s**t happened (see photo below). I hit a mailbox that was leaning over into the roadway near the security gate.

I immediately wanted to kick my own ass for not paying better attention to WTF I was doing.

The damage is about 18.5" long and is just in the paint. It's deep, though. So, it won't 'buff right out'.

Anyway, now I am in search of a body shop to fix it so I'll never know it was there. I live in Columbia, MD. Do you guys have any advice on a good body shop that can make this lapse of consciousness disappear? Northwest BMW recommended Mark's Body Shop in Reisterstown. However, their estimator gave me a ballpark figure of $3000 based on just seeing the same photo. That figure seems quite high to me. Has anyone else had experience with Mark's? I'd appreciate any advice, comments about Mark's, or other referrals.

Thanks!
Attached Images

Mods: Full Venture Shield protection kit, RPi scoops, Euro fog light switch, LUX V4, clear reflectors, OEM black chrome grilles and side gills, black hood vents, IND F10 M5 shift knob and boot
Appreciate 0