View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 03:39 PM   #62
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

My wife has been saying for years that she wants to take a trip to Europe but she never had a specific destination in mind. Last year a friend of mine bought a Corvette and told me about the option for museum delivery. He didn't do it because it is an option with an extra charge and he was able to negotiate a much better deal on a car off the lot. That reminded me of something I read about years ago about picking up a BMW in Germany.

After a little research I found (to my surprise) that the European Delivery price was far cheaper than the same car off of the lot. That combined with the 2 for 1 plane tickets, the 2 weeks of insurance and registration, and I was sold.

Said to my wife "I found us the ULTIMATE European vacation." I described the places we would be going and the things we would be doing and she was instantly excited. When she asked how we would get to all of these places I said, "we will drive in a brand new, fresh off the assembly line BMW M3."

The M3 has been at the top of my realistic dream car list for a long time but never could get myself to pull the trigger. It's not that we can't afford it, it's just a lot to spend on a car. The discount for ED and the opportunity to drive it around Europe is what sold us. It was the by far the best vacation we've ever been on, we absolutely love the car, and we are already talking about our next ED (summer of 2014).
Appreciate 0