View Single Post
      11-03-2011, 10:18 AM   #59
jqsmooth
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M6

Well, I've been lusting after the M3 since the e46 model. Talked the ears off of friends who would listen about the car. When I finally decided it was time, I didn't tell a soul, not my family nor my friends. I ordered and waited.

Took a train down to the dealership that's out of state to pick up the car. Didn't tell my dad that I was bringing a car. Just showed up with it.

My friends were shocked when I showed up with the car. It was such an emotional purchase because a)had the same car for 8+years and b) I had never bought a car on my own, let alone an M3 before.

It's rather sad really. I'd have enjoyed shopping for it with someone else. If I was married, it would have been quite an experience to make the decision together and pick up the car together. I know it's not that simple sometimes(you married guys are probably rolling your eyes at me). I hope to do an ED with my future spouse. I guess I'm ready to take the plunge.

Now that I have THE car. I just need a nice lady to share it with.
2011 E92 l SSII l Fox Red - 145k and Totaled. 2012 Toyota Prius C - 145k and Totaled. 2002 Nissan Pathfinder - 301.6K and Junked. 2000 Mitsubishi Montero Sport - Rolled & Totaled. 1995 Cadillac Fleetwood - RIP.

Last edited by jqsmooth; 11-03-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0