Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewk View Post
2016? Anyone up for the VP job?

I wish someone could explain to me the paradigm of being the breadwinner in the household and then asking permission or needing perseverance to buy something???
Well the best I can do to explain it is as follows; It is important to begin with to select the right partner and secondly to come to some sort of an arrangement before engaging in a permanent relationship. As for breadwinner, well times do change and even if the partner (in this case the wife) is mainly occupied with the daily household shores it must be seen as equal whatever the breadwinner (in this case the hubby) brings home.

There is nothing like a great partnership, for when one gets old and grey, believe me you don't want to be alone you need some company. Any children the marriage might have produced are grown up and have there own lives to live at that point in time.

So while some of the things written in your attachment might be fun in our younger years they surely not provide comfort, memories or company in our later years ... Bottom line we all make our own bed as the saying goes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylin032 View Post
Went to court and finalized my divorce first thing in the morning.
Went to work.
Finished work at 5 and went to BMW dealer.
I need that one.

KP
Very good plan of attack swift and to the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
We agreed to have a 90/10 relationship. It's just that who's the 90 and who's the 10 flips back and forth.

This my friend can be a lot of fun too, I have quite a few friends that live under this kind of relationship.

Congrats.
and I thank you for that ... it have been hard and great years let me say I've been blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by keisakura View Post
at that time, i was deciding about the rs5 and the m3. because there was that heavy rumor that the rs5 was going to make it here in the us in the summer of 2011. but after seeing it in action in europe, i decided to get an m3. but i digress.

My family and i looked at pictures and videos of the two cars and almost unanimously agreed on the m3. and after i came back from london, I went straight to the dealer with my family and ordered it in 20 mins. Took delievery on the 29th of july. and i'm glad i went with the m3.

so to answer your question, the latter
It is nice to make it a family decision real nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by luis_m3 View Post
I always wanted one so I saved my money for a while.
My wife was on board the whole time and her only condition; "whatever you get, it needs to have 4 doors". I was ok with it as I was going for an E90 anyways.
Somehow 4 doors are important to a female, they like to have easy access to the back I guess to hide all there stuff like in there purse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue0013 View Post
I was deployed to Iraq, (but stationed in Germany at the time) in June 07 for 15 months. I can home for R & R for 2 weeks that Dec. What was suppose to be a 3 hour road trip with the wife and kids to the Mountains, turned into a bumper to bumper traffic jam of just pure slow/stop and go moving traffic in a snow storm at night.
I just remember finally getting into town where the ski resort was and this (not knowing what it was at the time) completely dirty AW M3 E92 passed me going in the other direction. Even though it was just nasty and dirty from the weather conditions, it caught my eye. I pulled up to the next light and turned around to catch up to it. My wife asked me, "where are you going?" "I have to go and see this car!" I catch up to it at the next light and was done for. I had to have one!
So needless to say the very first thing me and the family did on vacation, was stop by the local BMW dealer. Of course the US version wasn't released yet. The SA didn't have any info on pricing, or options. Just an idea of when it was going to be released. So I left my email info. Several months later in mid march time frame she sent me an email with the option package and 2-3 days later I received the pricing. I called the wife from Iraq told her I still wanted one, and she said go for it.
After a couple of months of sitting on it, and a lot of time viewing the M3 post. I looked up the General Manager for US Military Sales and ordered the car online thru email on my birthday that June. My wife did all the rest of the leg work, registration and final pick on the interior color . The car got dropped of at the dealer a week before I got back home and was sitting there on the show room floor just waiting on me to get back.
Great story and you so deserved what was waiting for you on your return. Thanks for serving and mankind under those conditions in the desert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low J. View Post
I'm lucky to have a wife that doesn't hassle or nag me. She trusts that I don't buy stuff we can't afford so as long as I notify her when I'm buying new stuff she doesn't give me any grief at all. I saw my M3 at the dealer and fell in love so I just called her and told her I would be bringing it home. My wife rules. It also helps that she gets whatever car she wants every 3 years when her leases are up
Nice to have this kind of relationship ... happy trails always

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
Realized I was spending a lot on average per month on my E46 M3 including parts/maintenance upgrades, etc. So I sold that, did an owner's choice finance on a new M3 for 4 years at the same price per month. I plan on selling before having to pay my balloon and only drive about 5,000km per year. Should work out well.

My SO has given up on criticism and just accepts it. My family thinks I'm an idiot for spending so much on "getting from point A to point B" and my friends think I must be rich (despite decked out F150s costing more - which are everywhere in this city). Bottom line; I just ignore them.
It was a sound decision (to trade the e46) if it costs too much in maintenance it it time to let go. Ignoring criticism is often the best way ...

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0