View Single Post
      11-01-2011, 10:23 AM   #55
RudyP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3, AM V8V, 993 C4S, 996TT

I'm not sure asking a bunch of strangers who largely own one of the two cars you have for their opinion is the best way to go about this. There is no right or wrong answer here - you have to go with your preferences, needs and gut. What does it matter what a bunch of M3 drivers think? Also, are you asking this question on Rennlist or 6Speedonline? I'm guessing you will get 95% in favor of the 997s on those boards while you are getting more like 50-60% in favor of the M3 here. If you really wanted the average opinion of 50 M3 and 50 997 owners, I bet it would come out quite strongly in favor of the 997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PINHEAD View Post
I have both, and I would keep the M3. The M3 is just the better car in every aspect.
...and since you are asking, I too have both and would go the opposite way from Pinhead. I'd hate to have to give one up but if I had to ditch one it would be the M3. I really enjoy it but the 997S is more special to me. Which brings us back to the point that this whole thing is incredibly subjective and you need to make up your own mind.
Appreciate 0