06-01-2011, 05:28 PM   #25
DLSJ5
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F82 M4 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
Sorry to go off topic, but for all your good launches, are you guys using Launch Control or just mashing the go pedal? I hear mixed things on how to get the best launch.
I found that mashing the pedal was the best way, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
How do you initiate the burnout - do you accelerate while in gear and your foot is on the brake pedal?
Stomp of the throttle, the tires will start to spin, apply the brakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewads View Post
Good job AJ & Drew...

I was always puzzled how you did a burnout when you were non-supercharged. LOL
Now you know why I always went around the waterbox.

Once you burnout those Nittos you can go back with the MTs or maybe a bigger Nitto.
Thanks buddy, I remember your comments on the burnouts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pumper206 View Post
So I went and tested 'burnout mode' and nothing...Car seems like it goes into limp mode. Wak! I would love to be able to change that. I've been just using launch control but it seems like I'm only able to initiate it once and after that first time the car won't let me initiate launch control again .
Yep, you have the DCT update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
That's pretty neat being able to tweak software for such a thing..
When do you plan on hitting the track again ? I know your dying too
Agreed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by akh23456 View Post
how is the software other wise big improvement over stock? whats your overall impression of the dct software Drew? do you need to send ecu in for this?
It's good stuff AK, when we compared my Vbox graphs with Mike, two different people who looked at the data concluded that after each shift, Mike's car would jump ahead 15', not sure why, but the DCT software may have played a role in that, and I was making more power than him. With the DCT upgraded my tranny did not throw any overheating warning lights as well while trying to do burnouts at Famoso when I hit the 11.30. I think it does help, my Vbox times show that as well.To raise the rev limiter in the DCT you need to access it's ECU as well I believe (EDIT, I'm wrong you only need to access the ECU to raise the rev limiter on the DCT).
ESS VT3-750 - 60-130MPH 6.14s - 10.81 @ 135.13 MPH 690WHP/463WTQ
Shift-S3ctor E92 M3 - 1/2 Mile Trap Speed WR - 174.13 MPH

Last edited by DLSJ5; 06-03-2011 at 11:02 AM..
Appreciate 0