View Single Post
      02-03-2010, 10:46 AM   #20
Jeff@TopGearSolutions
United_States
Rep
Drives: C6 Z06, 09 335i, 10 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch View Post
You need to learn to like water. It's the absolute best thing you can drink. Being properly hydrated isn't just good for your insides, it makes everything on the outside healthier as well.

Squeeze some real lemon juice in it if it helps.
Tru story. A bigger buddy of mine use to carry around a gallon of water, wherever he went, work, out to a store etc

Mofo was always drinking water, im not that crazy but at work I probably drink about 80OZ in an 8hr period. Which is not too bad.

Been working out for about 6 years straight.

As far as gaining mass, Ive never been very good at it.

Started working out in college, at 135 lbs 5ft 10, 30 inch waist 6 pack.
I now sit at 160lbs wet, 5ft 10, same 30inch waist and even better 6 pack. Max bench 285, Body fat in the 3-4% range for those who are into that knowledge.

Just can't up the mass without getting a small belly, even high protein low fat diets. I do legs, been doing them for about 4 years. I've tried all the supplements from creatine, nitrix, whey proteins, and glutamine. At the end of the day, I just eat high protein diets and took out the supplements for the lean, power to weight ratio look.

When I tried the supplements I went to about 165 lbs, wasnt any "stronger", and had the slighest of belly with the 6 pack. I took out the supplements, focused on my diet and routine, and trimmed it down to the 160 im at, and the strongest I've ever been. This is not to discredit anyones opinions of supplements or anything, i'm just saying I tried it and it didnt work for me.

I'd take any advice anyone is willing to offer however. The strength is their for my weight, just wish I can jump up another 10 lbs, stay lean, and maybe get the max bench to about 300.

Last edited by Jeff@TopGearSolutions; 02-03-2010 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0