View Single Post
      08-02-2012, 02:55 PM   #1
mitch32
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 ZCP

Diff literally fell off car when driving.... (BMW denined warranty, total BS)

Hello,

This thread is to show BMW Canada's lack of being truthful and justified.

I bought an 2008 e92 m3 from a BMW dealership on Montreal, Quebec in April 2012. Car had 36000km (25k miles) seemed in good shape. A few weeks went by and I noticed some noises from my diff, I lifted the car and noticed the subframe/diff were rusted (see pic below). I complained to the dealer about this issue, they took in the car said the rust was normal and that they would replace it if anything ever happened. They also replaced the fluid in the diff (they also claimed everything was normal and that m3's make noises from the diff, tranny, and body). The noise was less but there was still a looseness from the diff, although at times I'd hear a bang in the back of the car which again the dealer claimed was normal (bang as in a gunshoot but quieter).

Fast foward 2 months and while pulling away from a stop (not launching or dropping the clutch, just a spirited drive) I hear the loudest bang I've ever heard, I continued driving for a few feet until I felt something was seriously wrong, I look under and theres my diff on the ground. I get the car towed to the dealer (it was a friday so I had to wait til monday to speak with my Tech Advisor). The dealer inspects the car and tells me the bolts broke, I then inspect the car at the dealer and see that the actual housing is cracked (the back part, the fins, that bolts to the frame). The techanical manager then tells me oh that looks broken, the bolts are 100% not broken.

Tech Advisor then sends pictures to BMW Canada, BMW Canada says they want to pull the log of the computer. They pull the log which states I hit redline 2000km (1250miles) before the diff broke. BMW Canada then says your client redlined his car so we aren't covering this broken diff. Dealer doesn't really do anything, so they send me a $10,900 bill and say you have to fix the car and my warranty is void on the diff. I then say how can a redline break a diff, the report they showed says I hit redline in first gear going 20km/h. I also brought car in to BMW for service after they said I redlined the car and they said everything was good, so how could it break 2000km later. It's an M3 you should be able to hit redline and not worry about breaking something, I allegedly hit redline once in the time I owned the car.

I also called BMW Canada, they told me they don't deal with customers. I spoke to a lawyer who told me basically we can fight it but ultimately I have to pay for the damages right now or wait until we win/lose the court case in 18 months.

In the end, I feel like I paid an extra $10,000 for a car on warranty and now my damage which should be covered under warranty is going to cost $10,000. BMW warranty is a bunch a BS, the fact that the headquarters will not talk with customers is outright wrong. They also never told me the car was repainted until after I bought the car, and how can a car with 22500 miles have a rusted subframe.

Appreciate 0